These Almond Gingerbread Cookies are light, soft and subtle with the authentic flavours of ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. The recipe itself is super simple, requiring 11 ingredients and 40 minutes to prepare and bake.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
ALMOND GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- 125 grams vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour*
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (355°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make a flax-egg by whisking the flax meal with the water and letting it sit for 5 minutes to become thick. Use an electric whisk to combine the butter, sugar and maple syrup until creamy.
- Gently fold in the flour, almond meal, baking soda and spices until a dough ball has formed.
- Flour a clean surface and use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll the dough about 3-cm thick. Use your cookie cutters to cut the cookie shapes and transfer to your baking tray.
- Roll the remaining dough again and repeat the last step until you’ve used it all up.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Let them cool completely before icing them.
- To prepare the icing, mix the icing sugar and plant milk until smooth, let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a piping bag.