This vegan Cashew Cream Cheese recipe uses only 3 raw ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to prepare – not including soaking your cashews of course!
I must admit I wasn’t expecting much from this recipe when I tried it for the first time but I was pleasantly surprised that it’s so tasty! The second time testing I tried to spice it up a bit with some paprika and turmeric, however, I found it just doesn’t need to be over-complicated. That isn’t to say that you shouldn’t try it with different spices and find a way to make it your own if you’d like to do so.
So far, I’ve tried and loved this cashew cream cheese with:
- sweet chilli sauce and potato wedges or chips (in place of sour cream),
- a salad sandwich,
- and pasta (like a carbonara).
And I absolutely recommend doing all of those things, plus whatever else you can think of!
When soaking the cashews, be sure to add enough water to cover them for at least 4 hours before preparing the rest of the recipe. When you’re ready, simply drain and rinse your cashews, throw the other ingredients into a blender and go for it.
Check the consistency of your cashew cream cheese as you blend, but keep in mind, it will thicken up after being refrigerated. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place your cashews in a bowl with enough water to cover them and leave them to soak for at least 4 hours, then drain and rinse.
- Add the nutritional yeast, plant-based milk and cashews to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend for 4 minutes or until your cashews have formed a paste consistency. Add salt to your taste preference.
- If you’d like to make a thinner consistency cashew cheese, simply add a dash more plant-based milk and blend again. Find the consistency that you like while keeping in mind that it firms up when refrigerated.