This Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese recipe uses only 3 ingredients and takes roughly 5 minutes to prepare – not including soaking your cashews of course.
So far, I’ve tried and loved this cashew cream cheese with:
- sweet chilli sauce and potato wedges or chips (in place of sour cream)
- a salad sandwich
- and pasta (like a carbonara)
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have.
When soaking the cashews, be sure to add enough hot water to cover them for at least 1 hour before preparing the rest of the recipe. When you’re ready, simply drain and rinse your cashews, throw the other ingredients into a blender and go for it.
Check the consistency of your cashew cream cheese as you blend, but keep in mind, it will thicken up after being refrigerated.
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place your cashews in a bowl with enough water to cover them and leave them to soak for at least 4 hours, then drain and rinse.
- Add the nutritional yeast, plant-based milk and cashews to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend for 4 minutes or until your cashews have formed a paste consistency. Add salt to your taste preference.
- If you’d like to make a thinner consistency cashew cheese, simply add a dash more plant-based milk and blend again. Find the consistency that you like while keeping in mind that it firms up when refrigerated.