I’m not so much of a sweet-breakfast kind of girl but if anything can sway me, it’s this Vegan French Toast recipe. It ticks all the breakfast boxes in my mind, including minimal effort with a delicious outcome. I’m also quite fond of the fact that all the ingredients are nearly always stocked in my cupboard.
More delicious vegan recipes
- 4 slices of bread of choice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk, I used almond
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
TO TOP (optional)
- frozen berries
- maple syrup
- chocolate sauce
- icing sugar
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the milk to a shallow bowl and, starting with the tapioca flour, whisk in the other ingredients until the mixture becomes light and frothy.
- Place a slice of bread into the mixture and turn over until coated. Gently place in the frying pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden. Repeat with each slice of bread.
- Stack the french toast onto your plate and serve with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!