This delicious Vegan Turnover recipe is made with puff pastry, veggies and an easy creamy sauce – it’s such a hit at a party or bbq and stores well for yummy leftovers.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 3 sheets vegan puff pastry*
- 1 onion medium
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (390 F), line a baking tray and set your pastry out to defrost while you prepare your filling.
- Dice your onion and carrot while heating a small amount of oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Fry the onion, carrot and peas in the frying pan until soft and then turn the heat to low.
- Add the flour and veggie stock powder, stirring to coat the veggies, then immediately add the water and mix until the flour is dissolved into a creamy sauce. You may need to add a little more flour or water to get your desired consistency, continuing to stir.
- Slice each pastry sheet into four equal squares.
- On a lined baking tray lay out your pastry squares, pop roughly 1.5 tablespoons of filling into the centre and fold over the pastry into a triangle, use a fork to seal the edges and then use a sharp knife to stab 3 small lines into the top of each pasty so that steam can escape while they’re cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy. Let them sit to cool and enjoy!