These Crispy Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious and healthy treat! Super quick and easy to make, they are the perfect high-protein on-the-go snack!
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are part of the legume family. They’re a wonderful little bean with many health benefits and should be included in your diet if possible. Their benefits include:
A (28-gram) serving provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 46
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Iron: 4% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 5% of the RDI
- Copper: 5% of the RDI
- Manganese: 14% of the RDI
Chickpeas contain a lot of fibre and it’s mostly soluble fibre, meaning that it blends with liquid in your stomach to form a gel-like substance. This can help increase the healthy bacteria in your gut, therefore aiding in the prevention of unhealthy bacteria overgrowth. All of this means a reduced risk of some digestive conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome and colon cancer.
Chickpeas are extremely easy to find, most grocery stores carry them and if not, then any health store should. They’re also very affordable, versatile (buy them canned or dried) and super easy to include in your diet.
You can make many things with chickpeas, including:
- Chickpea “tuna” salad
- Vegan meringue (using the water from a can of chickpeas)
More easy Chickpea recipes
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans (840 grams) chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chickpeas, toss them in a large bowl with the oil and salt to coat.
- Air Fryer Method: Roast them for 10 minutes at 180°C. They should be perfectly golden and crunchy, if not give them another 5 minutes.
- Oven Method: Roast them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for 25 minutes at 200°C. They should be perfectly golden and crunchy, if not give them another 5 minutes.
- Let them cool and store them in a container or glass jar for up to 1 week.