This easy pancake recipe is a staple in my home, it’s one of our favourite weekend breakfasts. Only 5-ingredients & 5 minutes to whisk together these tasty vegan pancakes!
My Easy Pancake Recipe
Step 1, the pancake mixture
The first step is to simply whisk all of your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then whisk in the plant-based milk and oil until it’s very smooth. If you think it’s too thick you can add a tiny dash more milk and whisk again until you’re happy, the consistency should be runny but not watery. The baking powder in the mixture will cause it to thicken up slightly anyway to create light pancakes.
Step 2, fry and flip
Now, you can use whatever you usually use to make pancakes, a frying pan will do just fine. However, I like to make my pancakes on a flat sandwich press for a couple of reasons, they’re:
- easy to clean afterwards (just wipe with a wet cloth)
- temperature regulated so they don’t burn your pancakes
- you don’t have to use oil
So gently pour the pancake mixture onto your cooking surface with a ladle – I pour about 1/4 cup at a time. Let them cook on the first side for a couple of minutes or until they start to create small bubbles and lift around the edges. Flip with a silicone spatula (so you don’t scratch your cooking surface) and let the other side cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step 3, dress and enjoy
Plate up your pancakes and serve them how you see fit. I love mine very simple with pure maple syrup and some fresh fruit. But there are endless options!
How to Prep Pancakes
Keeping cooked pancakes in the fridge can sometimes be less than ideal, they can become soggy and if you wish to reheat them later they may sweat. I prefer to simply make mine fresh, but it’s not every morning that I feel like starting the whole process from scratch.
So, I like to make the dry pancake mix in batches and store it in the pantry to make breakfast pancakes even quicker and more convenient… genius I know!
When you want to make breaky pancakes quickly, simply pour half a cup per-person into a bowl and whisk it with half a cup of plant-based milk and 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil, cook them and you’re all done!
More vegan breakfast recipes
Easy Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons oil*
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- If the mixture is too thick, just whisk in a tiny dash more milk. It should be runny but not watery.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or flat sandwich press and use a ladle to pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto the cooking surface at a time. Let it cook for a few minutes until it bubbles or the edges peel up slightly. Flip with a silicone spatula and cook the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve fresh with maple syrup, fruit, lemon, vegan cream, chocolate, etc. and enjoy!
- You can use any vegetable oil you'd like or have on hand. I use either olive oil or coconut oil for this recipe.