This moist lemon coconut cake seriously just melts in your mouth. It has a wonderfully dense and creamy texture and slightly crispy golden edges.
This cake is basically a pudding cake however I like to bake it past the point of having a saucy pudding as I like a slightly drier but still moist cake. If you wanted to bake it as a pudding cake you would simply bake it for less time.
The perfect, simple yet very accurate word to describe this cake would be, lovely!
HOW TO MAKE A CAKE STENCIL
To make the “Happy Easter” on the cake I simply created a DIY stencil to lay on the top of the cake while I dusted icing sugar over it. I found a font I liked on my computer and printed it out, traced it onto some baking paper, cut it out and used it as my stencil. The floral part was just something I drew free-hand on to the baking paper as an extra decoration.
You can easily do this with any silhouette image you find on the internet. If you’re interested in using the same stencil as I did, I created a PDF that you can download, print and use yourself! Just click on the link below to access it!
OTHER VEGAN DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and grease a cake tin with vegan butter or oil.
- Mix the flours, salt, baking powder, 1/2 cup of the sugar and half of the lemon rind.
- Stir in the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sugar and lemon rind over the top. Combine the lemon juice and hot water and gently pour this over the cake.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes. Less time if you want a pudding cake and more time if you want a moist cake.
- Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar.