This scrumptious vegan No-Bake Coconut Lemon Slice has only 6 ingredients and is easy to prepare. If you adore sweet things like me, you’ll likely keep going back for more. This dessert gives me Christmas vibes with its snow-like desiccated coconut and sweet white icing. I’m going to have to brave the storage cupboard to find the festive candles and gingerbread cookie cutters next…
How to Make Coconut Lemon Slice
The 6 ingredients in this recipe are:
- condensed coconut milk
- vegan butter
- desiccated coconut
- vegan arrowroot biscuits
- icing sugar
- and one lemon (zest and juice)
To start, line a shallow square or rectangle slice tin with baking paper leaving enough of it extending from the sides to help lift the slice out once it’s set.
Pop your condensed coconut milk (which can I just say is SUCH an amazing vegan baking ingredient) and vegan butter into a small saucepan over medium heat to melt and become smooth. Once this is done we’ll set it aside and prepare the base.
Pop your arrowroot biscuits into a blender and process them until they form a meal and add it to a large mixing bowl. Your blender may miss a couple of small pieces but you can just crush them with a spoon if you’d like or you can leave them for some lovely crunchy bits throughout the base.
Add the desiccated coconut and lemon zest to the biscuit meal and mix to combine. Now you can pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine to form the biscuit base. Press this firmly into the slice tin and either refrigerate for 30 minutes or for faster results, freeze for 15 minutes.
Now we can start on the icing. Simply sift your icing sugar into a mixing bowl, use the same saucepan as before to melt some vegan butter and whisk that, with the lemon juice, into the icing sugar until smooth. Pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken.
Spread the icing over the slice while it’s still in the tin and cool it for another 10 minutes, remove the slice from the tin using the side parts of the baking paper, cut it into small squares and serve.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup condensed coconut milk
- 100 g vegan butter
- 270 g vegan arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 20 g vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a square or rectangle slice tin with baking paper, ensuring it extends up the sides enough for you to use it to pull the slice out once it’s set (about 3cm).
- Melt your condensed coconut milk and vegan butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Once it’s completely melted and smooth, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Process your arrowroot biscuits in a blender or food processor until they turn into a fine meal and transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the desiccated coconut and lemon zest and stir to combine. Add the melted we ingredients and stir to create the base mixture.
- Press this firmly into the bottom of the slice tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the lemon icing: sift your icing sugar into a large mixing bowl, add your melted vegan butter and lemon juice and mix until smooth. Refrigerate the icing for 5 minutes before spreading it over your slice while it’s still in the tin. Cool it for a further 5-10 minutes before removing it from the tin. Cut into small squares and enjoy!