This no-bake vegan Snickers Slice has a peanut butter biscuit-like base that is thick and creamy, a sweet and salty caramel layer, roasted peanuts and dark chocolate on top. You need only 9 simple ingredients, a good quality blender (because of dates) and a slice tin for this delicious treat!
How to Make No-Bake Vegan Snickers Slice
1. Peanut butter base
For this delicious biscuit-like base, you’re going to simply blend some oat flour, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut cream together until crumbly, then pour it into a lined slice tin that is approximately 6 inches square. Use the back of a spoon dipped in warm water to spread it out and press it down firmly.
2. Sticky caramel + peanuts
Next, blend some dates, coconut cream, salt and vanilla extract together until it becomes a thick caramel consistency. Be sure to use a blender or food processor that is good quality, strong and can run for at least 2-4 minutes as dates are very tough to blend. But if you have a good one that can do the job, the outcome is 100% worth the slight bother of blending dates.
Spread the caramel over the base layer in your slice tin and generously sprinkle some roasted peanuts over the top.
3. Chocolate to top
Simply melt your favourite vegan chocolate (I used premium baking chocolate by Lindt) with a little bit of coconut oil in a small bowl. You can use a double boiler method for this if you wish but I just used the microwave. When the chocolate and coconut oil is melted together, pour this over your slice and place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
Make sure to let the slice sit for 10 minutes before you cut into it, this prevents the chocolate from cracking too badly. You can then store it in the freezer and enjoy as you please.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 150 grams vegan chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line an approximately 6-inch square slice tin with parchment paper and have it extend out the sides enough to pull the slice out of the tin with it.
- Start the slice by adding all of the base ingredients to a blender and combining until it's thick and crumbly. Pour it into the slice tin and use the back of a spoon dipped in warm water to spread it out.
- Blend the caramel ingredients, leaving out the peanuts, until it comes together in a thick paste consistency. Spread it over the base layer in the tin and sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and pour that over the peanuts. Place the slice on a level surface in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
- When you're ready to cut and serve your vegan snickers slice, leave it to thaw for 10 minutes first, just to prevent the chocolate from cracking too badly.
- You can then store it in the freezer and enjoy as you please.