These peanut butter protein balls are a great little energy-filled snack, ideal for working out, hiking snacks, picnic and meal prepping. To make them doesn’t require a food processor (though you can use one if you’d like) and only requires 4 simple ingredients; peanut butter, oat flour, desiccated coconut and maple syrup.
Two of these little protein balls gives you about 14 grams of protein, which is roughly the same as my favourite crunchy peanut butter Clif Bar. Of course, you can also add a small scoop of your favourite protein powder if you want more, just remember to adjust the recipe accordingly by adding a little bit more liquid. Otherwise, it may be too dry to roll into little balls.
I love to drizzle a tiny amount of melted chocolate over these protein balls sometimes to add a little something special. You could also coat them in melted chocolate and sprinkle salt or chopped roasted peanuts on top. I just love the versatility of making your own little treats like this!
More vegan snack recipes
Always make sure to read the whole recipe before you start to make sure you have all the ingredients and to ask me your questions.
Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter *
- 1/2 cup oat flour, use gluten-free or almond flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Into a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, oat flour, desiccated coconut and maple syrup.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until everything combines. You can ditch the wooden spoon for your hands if it gets too thick as the warmth will make it easier to finish mixing.
- Scoop out about 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and use your hands to gently roll into little protein balls. Store them in a container or jar in the fridge and enjoy!