This Vegan Savoury Pancake recipe is a delicious & healthy alternative to an omelette. It’s dairy-free & egg-free, loaded with protein, iron & healthy fats. Made with chickpeas, this is an easy recipe to re-create!
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 of a red capsicum
- 1 sprig of green spring onion
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
SERVE WITH (OPTIONAL)
- lemon wedge
- spinach fresh
- avocado chopped
- hemp seeds
- chilli flakes
- At least 3 hours in advance, whisk together the chickpea flour, ginger and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the water and whisk again until it becomes light and fluffy like a whisked egg.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook your pancakes, chop the fresh spring onion and capsicum roughly into 1cm squares and mix into the chickpea batter. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and pour 1/3 of the batter into the center. It’ll slowly start to form small bubbles and when the middle ones start to pop, you can carefully flip the pancake and let the other side cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter.
- Serve your fresh savoury pancakes with the sides and toppings of your choice and enjoy!