This Vegan Maple Granola recipe has 9 ingredients, is quick to prepare and super tasty. It makes 6 cups of granola so it’s perfect for weekly meal prepping or making fresh if you have the luxury of time in your mornings… lucky!
How to Make Granola
To start, chop up some almonds, cashews and brazil nuts, these are full of healthy fats to fuel our brains and bodies until lunch. Mix the chopped nuts in a bowl with some oats, buckwheat and brown sugar.
Next, melt some coconut oil and pure maple syrup over low heat and once melted, add some vanilla extract. This will be the sweet sticky syrup that coats our granola and forms the much-loved clusters throughout it.
Once everything has been mixed together; spread it onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until it’s golden. Now we can take it out and let it cool, stirring half of the mixture for a nice balance of fine granola and delicious clusters.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 4 chopped brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (355 F) and line a baking tray.
- Roughly chop the almonds, cashews & brazil nuts.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chopped nuts with the rolled oats, buckwheat and brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt the coconut oil & maple syrup, once melted together, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix so that all the ingredients are coated and form a sticky consistency.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.