These vegan Dinner Rolls are the perfect side dish for your mains, they’re soft and fluffy with sweet crispy edges. Delicious fresh from the oven and spread with vegan butter.
Sweet + Soft Vegan Dinner Rolls
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 cup water lukewarm
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 3 cups plain white flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter melted for greasing
- Start by placing the instant dry yeast and sugar in the bottom of a large mixing bowl, lightly mix in the lukewarm water and leave for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens and looks a little foamy.
- Add and lightly mix in the melted butter and plant-based milk, then add the flour and salt. Use a spoon to continually stir the mixture in one large circle until it comes together into a dough ball that doesn’t stick to the edges of the bowl.
- Add a little bit of loose flour under the dough ball, cover the bowl and leave it in a warm place for roughly an hour to rise almost double its size.
- Next, place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and flatten slightly so that you can easily cut it into 9 equal parts and roll each into a small ball.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with melted vegan butter and place the shaped dough balls into it, cover and leave in a warm place again, this time for 30 minutes. They should rise and fill in the space around them a little better (see photos above).
- Preheat your oven to 250°C and use an oil brush to lightly wash some melted vegan butter over the rolls. Bake them for roughly 25 minutes or until they are golden on top. Enjoy them warm as a side dish to soup or stew!