These Tasty Choc Chip Cookies are seriously delicious! They’re fluffy, soft and are bursting with that salted vanilla cookie dough taste that everybody knows and loves!
I would just like to take a second to talk about how much I appreciate the fact that we can create incredibly enjoyable sweets like these choc chip cookies using all plant-based ingredients and have them look, feel and taste just like the ones we grew up on and remember so fondly. Even if it means that a certain treat isn’t the healthiest, that’s totally okay. I don’t know about you but I’m a firm believer in a healthy balance, especially when it comes to keeping ourselves cheery.
The tastiest choc chip cookies
I think it’s a given that any good choc chip cookie recipe must be easy to make. That means no fancy gadgets, no fancy ingredients and a recipe that is simple and quick enough to throw together with minimal effort.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who suddenly feels like a choc chip cookie in the afternoon with my cup of tea and considers whipping up a quick batch. Well, this is the perfect recipe for that situation!
So, what goes into making these choc chip cookies, you ask?
- Make a flax-egg (instructions below)
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a large bowl
- Add and fold in the dry ingredients
- Add and mix in your chocolate chips or chocolate pieces
- Roll the dough out, bake for 10-15 minutes and try not to eat them all at once
How to make a flax-egg
It’s actually incredibly simple and to be honest, probably takes less time than fishing for eggshells and whisking a real egg…
- Add 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal into a small bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water to the same bowl
- Give it a quick little mix using your measuring spoon
- Let it sit for about 2 minutes until it thickens and become a little gelatinous
*Ta da* It’s easy, you’ll nail it!
More vegan recipes
Tasty Vegan Choc Chip Cookies
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (390 F) and prepare a baking tray.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and let it sit for a couple of minutes to become thick.
- Whisk all of the wet ingredients (including the flax-egin a large mixing bowl.
- Add and fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add and mix in the chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
- Roll out and flatten the cookie dough onto the tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.