Get excited for vegan chocolate chip cookies friends!
These ones bake to be perfectly golden on the outer edges with delicious chocolate chunks throughout and a soft chewy center. Perfect for dipping into tea or coffee and definitely fit for someone with a sweet tooth like me.
For this recipe, we’ll be using applesauce as a substitute for egg. This works well in baked goods like cookies, cakes and brownies. The reason for using applesauce instead of using something like ground chia seeds or flax seeds (other egg substitute options) is that it won’t affect the texture of the cookies and will keep them nice and chewy like the cookies we all love.
To start with, cream together your sugar and softened vegan butter in a large bowl, if your butter is soft enough you should be able to do it with ease using a fork or wooden spoon. Make sure at this point you have a nibble, only small though because creamed butter and sugar is both sickening and delicious at the same time… so no judgement. Now add and mix in your applesauce and vanilla extract.
Next, softly fold the flour and salt in with the wet mixture until it’s well combined. Now you can mix in your chocolate chips. Roll your cookie dough into balls roughly 2 tablespoons in size, place them onto your tray and into the oven.
Enjoy the cookie smell that fills your kitchen until they’re ready to be enjoyed!
- 1 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (390 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your softened vegan butter and brown sugar.
- Add in your applesauce and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and sea salt on top and gently fold it in with the wet ingredients until your cookie dough forms.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 2 tablespoons in size and place them onto a baking tray.
- Pop in the oven and bake for roughly 15 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges.
If you try this recipe let me know on Instagram @lemonthy.me, leave a comment or rate this recipe, I always to hear from you guys. Have a sweet day!