This delicious Toasted Breakfast Sandwich is reminiscent of a breakfast McMuffin in my mind, only significantly healthier and of course, vegan. With avocado in place of cheese and tofu in place of egg.
More delicious vegan recipes
- 3 1 cm slices of firm tofu
- 2 slices of bread or an English muffin
- 1 small handful of baby rocket
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of thick soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- The night before, slice the firm tofu into 3 1-cm slices and place into a container. Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the tofu, making sure it’s covered. Place this in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to make your breakfast sandwich, remove the tofu and place it on a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the marinade liquid and fry until golden and sticky.
- Prepare the rest of the sandwich fillings by thinly slicing the tomato and avocado, and lightly toasting the slices of bread.
- Now assemble the fillings on the sandwich and top with the fried tofu and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cut in half and enjoy!