These Vegan Chocolate Bliss Balls are one of my fav snacks for taking on a walk, picnic, in the lunchbox, on the run or feed that sweet craving that hits around 3pm for me… plus you can make these in under 20 minutes. Most people enjoy a good bliss ball, and for good reason – they’re extremely versatile and can be intended as indulgent treats, protein snacks or healthy alternatives to truffles and rum balls.
This is a simple recipe made with dates, cashews, cacao powder and desiccated coconut. They’re absolutely delicious the way they are but the wonderful thing about them is that you can add anything you like, so have fun and adapt to suit your flavour preferences.
Bliss Balls are Very Versatile
You can add any amount of extra ingredients to adjust the flavour of your Bliss Balls. Why not try out:
- Dried Cranberries
- Nuts (any kind is fine)
- Coffee Grinds
- Mint extract or finely chopped mint leaves
And for rolling your Bliss Balls in, consider something that will add interesting colour and/or texture, such as:
- Matcha Powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Cacao Nibs
- Raspberry Powder
- Crushed Pistachios
Or just go naked…
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- Soak your cashews for approximately 6 hours. You can skip this step as the bliss balls will still form with un-soaked cashews, however, they will be a little dryer.
- Add the dates, cashews and cocoa powder into a food processor or high-speed blender and process until a fudgey consistency is formed.
- Roll your mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Coat the naked bliss balls in desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate to cool and firm up or enjoy straight away.