These Chocolate Bliss Balls are one of my fav snacks for taking on a walk, picnic, in the lunchbox, on the run or to feed that sweet craving that hits around 3 pm for me… plus you can make these in under 20 minutes. Most people enjoy a good bliss ball, and for good reason – they’re extremely versatile and can be intended as indulgent treats, protein snacks or healthy alternatives to truffles and rum balls.
This is a simple recipe made with dates, cashews and cacao powder. They’re absolutely delicious the way they are but the wonderful thing about them is that you can add anything you like, so have fun and adapt to suit your flavour preferences.
Bliss Balls are Very Versatile
You can add any amount of extra ingredients to adjust the flavour of your Bliss Balls. Why not try out:
- Dried Cranberries
- Nuts (any kind is fine)
- Coffee Grinds
- Mint extract or finely chopped mint leaves
And for rolling your Bliss Balls in, consider something that will add interesting colour and/or texture, such as:
- Matcha Powder
- Desiccated Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Raspberry Powder
- Crushed Pistachios
Or just go naked…
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 3hrs)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (plus a little extra for dusting)
- Soak your dates for approximately3 hours in hot water. You can skip this step if you have a very powerful blender but most struggle to blend dates.
- Add the drained dates, cashews and cocoa powder into a food processor or high-speed blender and process until the mixture forms one fudgy ball on the side.
- Roll your mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Add a little extra cocoa powder to a glass with a bliss ball and swirl it in circles to coat each one sepeately. Or leave them naked if you'd prefer.
- Refrigerate to cool and firm up or enjoy straight away.