This Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe has become one of my favourites. It’s a staple for me as I’m always accidentally letting my bananas get a little too brown resulting in a banana-y baked good nearly every other weekend. Though I’m not complaining, I love using bananas in bread, muffins, smoothies and so forth!
This particular recipe creates a banana bread that is soft and spongey with a golden cinnamon sugar crust. Using flax meal as the egg replacer means that it holds together very well and has some additional healthy fats thrown in.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk*
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (355 F) and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- Using a fork, mash your 3 bananas in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 2.5 tablespoons of warm water and letting sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in with the bananas the flax egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and brown sugar. Once well combined, whisk in the plant-based milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, almond flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour your mixture into your bread tin and sprinkle with a small amount of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until it’s lightly golden on top.