This Cinnamon Banana Bread is a staple for me as I’m always accidentally letting my bananas get a little too brown resulting in a banana-y baked good nearly every other weekend. Though I’m not complaining, I love using bananas in bread, muffins, smoothies and the likes.
This particular recipe creates a banana bread that is soft and spongey with a golden cinnamon sugar crust. Using flax meal as the egg substitute means that it holds together very well and has some additional healthy fats thrown in.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
Always make sure to read the WHOLE RECIPE before you start to ensure you have all the ingredients and to ask me any questions you have. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk*
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (355 F) and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- Using a fork, mash your 3 bananas in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 2.5 tablespoons of warm water and letting sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in with the bananas the flax egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and brown sugar. Once well combined, whisk in the plant-based milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, almond flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour your mixture into your bread tin and sprinkle with a small amount of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until it’s lightly golden on top.