A delicious creamy pasta salad is a wonderful side dish that I love to pair with roasted vegetables or a homemade vegan burger.
I recommend making extra if you can so that there are always leftovers in the fridge for when you’re feeling snack-ish or need a quick side for a meal. I really enjoy a higher yield for the same amount of cooking time, so I’m always making more than I need.
You could make it fresh again each time you use the leftovers with some chopped spring onion or parsley.
Creamy Pasta Sauce Alternative
The sauce I like to make for this creamy pasta salad is super simple and easy, I love that it’s super delicious and I always have all the ingredients in my pantry already. However, it’s not exactly the healthiest or most wholesome of sauce recipes.
So if you’re after a healthier version, maybe with less processed foods, try mixing a sauce with the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons homemade vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard or tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- Couple sprigs of chopped parsley
Creamy Pasta Salad Storage
I like to store this pasta salad in the fridge for up to 5 days. I absolutely love to double the recipe and have loads of leftovers for the coming days. I add it as a side to as many meals as it will go with.
I haven’t tried freezing the pasta salad as it’s a cold dish with fresh crunchy veggies, I don’t see it being very tasty or having a nice texture after being thawed out.
Vegan Creamy Pasta Salad
- 250 grams pasta of choice
- 1 small carrot thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup olives chopped
- 3 small radishes thinly sliced
- 6 baby tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons french dressing
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Place the pasta in a pot on the stove with enough water to cover the pasta and boil until well cooked, drain and set aside.
- Prepare all of your fresh veggies by thinly slicing and chopping them.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add cooked pasta, veggies and sauce into a large salad bowl and mix together until everything is well coated in the sauce. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.