This delicious vegan quiche with light crispy filo pastry is soy-free! Yet still has a lovely dense texture and savoury taste! Perfect for breakie meal prep or brunch with friends!
I love a good quiche, something about the mix of savoury flavours and the versatility of it, there are so many delicious things you can add to adjust the flavour. For this vegan quiche, I added caramelised onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes for pops of sweetness throughout!
Join me on Instagram
Making this recipe? Tag or message me on Instagram @lemonthy.me!
More vegan recipes
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plant-based milk*
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F) and lightly coat a 10-inch tart dish with olive oil.
- Use an oil brush to gently brush olive oil in-between each layer of the filo pastry, gently lay it over the tart dish, press it into the edges and cut away any part that is hanging over the edge.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a small splash of olive oil in a frying pan until golden and caramelised.
- Mix the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, ginger and turmeric in a medium bowl, whisk in the plant-based milk and then the chopped spinach and fried onions and garlic. Pour this mixture into the tart dish.
- Lay the sundried tomatoes (and any other toppings) on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the pastry has browned slightly and the top of the quiche has started to crack. Let cool before serving.
* I used almond milk but any plant-based milk will work.