This Green Immune-Boosting Soup is perfect for those cooler evenings or when you’re under the weather and you simply need a warm, healthy and satisfying meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. It’s creamy, soothing and full of delicious health-promoting veggies!
I wanted to create a version of the ever-popular “green goddess” soup but make the process so easy that you could quickly and calmly whip it up while you’re feeling unwell. Even your kitchen-clueless boyfriend could make this one for you, no offence to any lovely caring boyfriends out there reading this.
Green Immune-boosting soup
This soup is full of delicious, warming and health-promoting veggies! I made it a point to include ingredients that people already have in their kitchen most of the time so that you’re less likely to need to pop out to the store.
Just some of the immune-boosting ingredients:
- Peas – vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C + manganese
- Broccoli – fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron + potassium
- Celery – fibre, vitamin K, vitamin A, potassium + folate
- Ginger – magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate, iron, vitamin C + potassium
- Garlic – manganese, vitamin C, selenium, fibre + iron
Join me on Instagram
Making this recipe? Tag or message me on Instagram @lemonthy.me!
More vegan healthy recipes
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150ml coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- pepitas to garnish (optional)
- Chop all of the veggies roughly and pop them in a steamer on the stove top to become well cooked and soft.
- When they’re soft enough to blend, add them to a food processor with all of the other ingredients and blend until it becomes a thick soup consistency.
- Pour into two bowls, add an extra swirl of coconut cream, some steamed peas and pepitas on top for some crunch.