This hot cross bun popcorn recipe is an easy, delicious Easter treat. Popcorn coated in sweet golden caramel, mixed with pecans and drizzled with vegan white chocolate… who could go wrong?
More delicious vegan recipes
- 10 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan white chocolate melted
- Place your popcorn bag in the microwave or, if you’re using loose popcorn kernels as I did, pop them in a pan with the coconut oil over medium heat, occasionally shaking them until they’ve popped.
- Chop your pecans and any other nuts, raisins or whatever else you’d like to add to your popcorn and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl add the caramel ingredients (cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, maple syrup & butter and heat for 30 seconds or until everything is melted, whisk as you add in the baking soda. Now add the popcorn from the pan into the mixing bowl with the caramel and mix until it’s well coated. Spread over a tray that you can fit in the fridge and sprinkle your add-ins over the top.
- Move the popcorn to a large mixing bowl and add all the caramel ingredients (cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, maple syrup & butter into the pan you used for the popcorn, whisk until it’s melted over low-medium heat then whisk in the baking soda. Pour this over the popcorn and mix until it’s well coated. Spread over a tray that you can fit in the fridge and sprinkle your add-ins over the top.
- Melt your white chocolate and drizzle this lightly over the spread out popcorn. You could also use dark chocolate or mix the two.
- Set the tray of popcorn in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until the caramel and chocolate have set. Spoon it into a container, glass jar or serving vessel and enjoy!