These raspberry muffins are the perfect tea snack. They’re subtle but sweet with soft raspberries throughout and white chocolate drizzled over top.
So far, I think this recipe is one of my favourites and while I love a lot of my recipes, I definitely don’t say that about them all. These muffins have a subtle sweetness to them as I reduced the added sugar to allow for the raspberries – because we all know sometimes raspberries can be a tiny punch of sweetness themselves.
How to Make Vegan Raspberry Muffins
Making these raspberry muffins is very simple and I personally find it quite relaxing. Start by preheating your oven and laying out your little muffin liners onto a tray.
Then prepare two flax eggs by adding two tablespoons of flax meal into a small bowl and mix with four tablespoons of water. Let it sit until it becomes thick, this usually takes only two to four minutes. While that’s happening, you can whisk all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl, then all of your wet ingredients (including the flax eggs) in another bowl, now combine them by gently folding the batter together.
Next, mix in your frozen raspberries and spoon the batter into the liners, pop the tray into the oven until they’re golden on top, let them cool and then drizzle your melted white chocolate over them. The vegan white chocolate I used for this recipe is this one by Sweet William.
More delicious vegan recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons flaxmeal + 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons vegan white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and line a tray with 12 muffin liners.
- Prepare your flax eggs by mixing the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl and letting that sit for 2-4 minutes to become thick.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the butter and sugar, then add and whisk in the milk, flax eggs and agave nectar.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry until it becomes a moist dough-like batter.
- Carefully mix in the frozen raspberries and spoon the batter into the muffin liners. Fill each liner, smoothing the top with the back of your spoon.
- Place the muffins into the oven for 15 minutes until they become lightly golden on top and an inserted fork comes out clean.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top and enjoy them cool with a cup of tea!