Another great dinner recipe for the family, this Singapore Noodle recipe is my version of one of my favourite takeaway dishes. It’s tasty, has great texture and stores well for leftovers or meal prep, getting tastier as the flavours mingle in the fridge.
How to make vegan Singapore Noodles
This recipe can be done in 4 easy-peasy steps and about 25 minutes.
1. To start, soak vermicelli noodles in a bowl of hot water for 1 minute, drain and mix them with soy sauce, white wine vinegar and sugar, then set aside while you prepare the rest of the meal.
2. To create the puffed tofu, heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and place small squares of firm tofu in, flipping them until crispy on all sides. Set these aside in a small bowl as well.
3. Using the same frying pan, heat some more olive oil over medium heat again, this time add some finely diced garlic, sliced onion, curry powder, ground ginger and turmeric. After about 3 minutes, add in some thinly sliced red bell pepper, cabbage and carrot and stir occasionally until lightly fried.
4. Mix the noodles, puffed tofu and fried veggies together in a large bowl and serve with sweet and sour sauce.
More vegan dinner recipes
- 100 grams Vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 grams extra firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1.5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce, optional
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl of hot water for about 1 minute then drain, the noodles should be soft but not squishy. Stir in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar, let them sit in the bowl while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat half a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Chop the tofu into small squares and flip regularly until crispy on all sides. Set them aside.
- Using the same frying pan, heat the other half tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Finely dice the garlic and slice the onion, bell pepper, cabbage and carrot into thin strips. Add the garlic, onion, curry, turmeric and ginger to the frying pan, after 3 minutes (or when slightly soft) add the rest of the veggies and stir until they become lightly fried.
- Combine the noodles, tofu and veggies in a large bowl and serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Pin this recipe to Pinterest
Use the pin below (or any photo in this post) to save this recipe to your Pinterest account for later.