These vegan sweet potato fritters are golden and crunchy. They’re easy to make either using an air fryer, baked in the oven or fried and make an awesome meal prep or lunch box option!
More vegan family recipes
Vegan Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- Grate the sweet potatoes and onion (I use a food processor with a grating attachment) and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add and stir in the salt and olive oil, then the chickpea flour. If your mixture is too wet, your sweet potatoes may have had a lot of liquid in them. Simply add more chickpea flour 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture holds a ball when formed in your hands.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture, use your hands to form a ball and flatten slightly into a pattie shape. Continue with the rest of the mixture and place the fritters on a plate.
AIR FRYER METHOD
- Preheat the air fryer on 180°C for a couple of minutes, then gently place each fitter into the bottom of the basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes, checking their progress at 10 minutes and flipping them if required. Remove when they’re golden and crispy and serve hot!
STOVE TOP METHOD
- On medium, heat enough oil in a frying pan to be about 1/2 an inch deep. Gently place fritters into the frying pan.
- Let them fry for 15 minutes, gently flipping them at about 10 minutes. Remove when they’re golden and crispy, set them on a paper towel or napkin to soak up excess oil and serve hot!