This teriyaki cauliflower nourish bowl is a very easy and quick way to get a wholesome and delicious meal of veggies into your day. It would make a great meal prep option too as it’s just as tasty the next day and still good when cold. I love to mix everything together and enjoy the way the sticky teriyaki coated cauliflower adds flavour to everything else!
How to make teriyaki cauliflower bowls
First thing I like to do when making this teriyaki cauliflower bowl is to prep everything. This includes putting the rice on the stovetop to boil while I slice up the green (or spring) onion and avocado, grab out my sesame seeds, sauerkraut and chop my cauliflower into small florets.
2. Teriyaki sauce
Next step is to heat a frying pan over medium heat while you whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Then toss the cauliflower florets into the sauce and pour it all into the frying pan. This will take a little bit of time to start to thicken and coat the cauliflower properly, so just keep on an eye on it and stir it occasionally.
The final step is, of course, to assemble all of the delicious components together aesthetically in a bowl and sprinkle it with the sesame seeds and green onion before you mix it up and devour it completely.
More easy vegan recipes:
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets (300 grams)
- 1 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 sprig spring/green onion
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Start by placing your rice in a pot of water on the stove top to boil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat while you chop your cauliflower and whisk all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Toss both the sauce and the cauliflower into the frying pan and occasionally stir as the sauce thickens and coats the cauliflower.
- Meanwhile, you can prep the other ingredients by slicing the avocado and spring onion.
- When everything is cooked you can assemble your bowl with the drained rice, sticky teriyaki cauliflower, avo and sauerkraut, then sprinkle the seeds and spring onions on top and serve.