Get excited friends! My first veggie burger recipe is here and it’s a good one!
Filled with healthy veggies and infused with delicious flavours; this recipe is easy to make with only 10 ingredients that you likely already have in your home.
It starts with chopping and frying up some onion, carrot, mushroom and garlic. This gives the burgers an authentic flavour and helps bind the mixture.
Next, we process those fried veggies with some flour, walnuts, tomato paste, soy sauce, maple syrup and paprika. Scoop out the mixture 2 tablespoons at a time and flatten into a round patty on your baking tray. You should be able to get at least 5 patties from this amount.
Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes, give them a flip and cook for another 10 minutes or until you’re happy with their colour.
I recommend serving them with the “Special Sauce” made up of vegan mayonnaise, hot mustard and ketchup in the recipe below, however, they’ll taste great with BBQ sauce, plain ketchup, relish or smashed avocado.
So please, assemble your burgers however you see fit and serve with pride!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 small button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- fresh parsley to garnish
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon hot english mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
FOR SERVING (OPTIONAL)
- Vegan burger buns of choice
- Greens of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the onion, carrot, mushroom and garlic and fry in a saucepan until lightly brown and soft.
- While your veggies are frying up, place the walnuts, flour, tomato paste, soy sauce, maple syrup and paprika into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- When your veggies are done frying, add them to the food processor as well and blend until a “mince” consistency is formed.
- Roll your mixture into balls that are 2 tablespoons in size, place them onto your baking tray and flatten into round patties. You should get about 5 patties.
- Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes, flip and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until you’re happy with the look of them. Let your burger patties cool while you prepare and assemble the rest of the burger.
- To prepare the special sauce, just stir/whisk together the vegan mayo, hot mustard and ketchup in a small bowl and spread onto your burger bun.