This vegan peanut satay sauce stir-fry with simple veggies and noodles, is absolutely one of my favourites when it comes to quick and easy dinners. It’s creamy, sweet and wonderful as leftovers on the second or third day!
How to make satay sauce
This satay sauce is incredibly simple and requires only 6 ingredients:
1. Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
2. Soy sauce or tamari
3. Coriander powder
4. Onion powder
5. Garlic powder
6. Chilli powder
Simply put all of the satay sauce ingredients into a medium-sized bowl with about a quarter cup of warm water and whisk it together with a fork or small whisk. It’ll take a minute to come together into a creamy satay sauce and once it does, you can decide if you’d like it to be runnier or thicker and make the appropriate adjustment by adding more water or more peanut butter.
You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter depending on the texture you’re going for, however, I like to use crunchy as I really love to have small peanut bits throughout my satay sauce, yum!
More vegan dinner recipes
Veggie Stir Fry with Peanut Satay Sauce
- 200 grams noodles of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup red cabbage, sliced
- a sprinkle of roasted peanuts, optional
- a sprinkle of sesame seeds, optional
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Start your noodles as per the packet instructions to cook while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add all the chopped veggies and stir occasionally until they become slightly soft.
- Whisk all the satay sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, adding more water or peanut butter to adjust the consistency to your liking and then set aside.
- Drain the cooked noodles, add them and the satay sauce to the frying pan with the veggies and mix everything until well coated. Serve with a sprinkle of roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.