Vegan Chocolate Mousse Terrarium
This silky-smooth vegan chocolate mousse is soy-free, avocado-free, takes 10 mins to prepare & 2 hours to set. Pair it with any nuts, seeds, candy, chocolate & mint to create a mini edible terrarium dessert.
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (1)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- mint leaves
Start this recipe at least 2 hours before serving this dessert.
In a small pot over medium heat, whisk the plant-based milk and arrowroot flour together until smooth. Add and whisk in the rest of the mousse ingredients and continue to whisk occasionally until it becomes a thick custard consistency. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
Let the mousse cool for 5 minutes before pouring it into your jars or bowls and place them in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set and become almost like jelly. You can try wobbling them check the consistency.
Now you can sprinkle your chosen nuts, seeds, candy, chocolate and more on top. Plant your mint leaves in the middle and serve cold.
- In place of agave nectar, you could use any sweetener including maple syrup, rice malt syrup or honey if not vegan.
- Be sure that you like the taste and bitterness of cacao nibs if you're going to use them in this recipe. If you're making this for other people or for children I would recommend using crushed Oreos instead as they're much sweeter and more likely to be enjoyed by others.