Veggie Tacos with Vegan Mince Filling (Crumbles)
Vegan Tacos with soft tortillas, fresh salads, salsa, vegan cashew ranch and vegan mince crumbles.
VEGAN TACO CRUMBLES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans or both
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
FOR THE TACOS
- 2 soft taco tortillas, warmed
- lettuce or spinach
- salsa, store-bought or homemade
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- fresh parsley
- lemon wedges
Start by frying the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms with a dash of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry until soft, then add to a blender or food processor.
Add the rest of the Vegan Taco Crumble ingredients and pulse until it becomes a crumbly mince-like consistency rather than completely blended.
Transfer back to the large frying pan with a new dash of olive oil and fry again. Use the tip of a silicone spatula to break the mixture up into little crumbles, leave it to cook for a couple of minutes, flip and repeat until it's darkened and crispy.
Heat your soft taco tortillas slightly, then build your tacos with your desired salads, sauces and the vegan crumbles.
- The Creamy Cashew Ranch dressing I used is by Sarah's Vegan Kitchen.
- Mix up your taco fillings as you please, they're all optional which is one of the great things about tacos.